Privacy Notice for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Training (SFHT)
Last Updated 24/05/2018
Your privacy is important to us. The information below sets out how we collect, use and protect any personal data that you give to us.
We are a partnership and are data controllers of the information we hold and process about individuals who have expressed an interest in our service.
About the individuals whose data we collect
We collect data about individuals who:
• Enquire about and/or attend the courses we run on behalf of Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT)
• Enquire about and/or attend our independent courses, workshops and other events
• Sign up to our clinical supervision service
What we do with personal data
The legal basis for processing your data is as follows:
• Contractual obligations in communicating course related information, eg details of course dates, joining instructions, follow up supporting material
• Legitimate interest in communicating information about future courses, CPD events, relevant products and business opportunities
• Contractual obligations in providing clinical supervision support, eg supervision queries, details of supervision dates, supervision attendance, payment etc
• Legitimate interest for financial accounting purposes
Storage of personal data
We hold data in both written and electronic form.
Written data is collected when you sign up for supervision and when you sign the attendance register at each session. It is stored securely in locked cabinets. Relevant data is transferred to electronic format for the purposes of recording attendance and book-keeping.
Electronic data is held in spreadsheets on password-protected laptops.
It is also held within a proprietary Email Management System (eg Constant Contact) for the purposes of notifying you of supervision dates, and events, products and opportunities that may be relevant to your therapy business.
Electronic data within emails, text messages, voicemails, social media direct messages is held securely using leading service providers, such as Gmail, Facebook etc, and is accessed via password-protected user accounts, laptops and mobile phones
Sharing your personal data
We may share your data with third-party service providers who assist us with administering the service we provide to you, eg:
• Email Management System providers to help us communicate with you
• Payment Gateways to process financial transactions
These providers have access to your personal information so that they can perform their functions on our behalf, but they may not use it for other purposes.
With the above exceptions, we will never share your data with a third party without your express permission, unless legally required to do so. Times when we might seek your consent to share your data may include providing a lead to a business opportunity with a third party, making a client referral or providing a character reference.
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations:
• To request a copy of the information we hold about you
• To update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date
• To request that we delete the personal data we hold about you
• To restrict the way in which we process your personal data
• To request that we stop processing your data if you object to us doing so
• To ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party
We will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes of providing our service to you and to fulfil our obligations for financial and insurance record keeping.
Cookies on our website
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that enables us to view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with our website so that we can improve it.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal data you can contact us as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Training
3 Redhill Cottages
Ottery St Mary